Sunsun heaters

SamH

Here's a couple of pics of my 300w :evil: sunsun :evil: heater that i had running for 2 weeks. - A picture paints 1000 words.

IMG_1677640x480.jpg

yep all that carbonated gunk is on the inside......

IMG_1675640x480.jpg

The thermostat was so bad, I set it to 24 and it would heat up to 28 then turnoff at 25. :nilly:

I am still going to hang onto and will probably just use it heat up water for water changes in winter

I went in to HFF to buy a 300w Jager but they are like 50cm, my sump is only 39cm wide, I cant even get one in on a angle so I will have to buy 2 x smaller ones. I also noticed that the 300w Jager is $10 cheaper in the HFF website than in Mt Roskill store.

Which HFF store dispatches the orders from their website? Is one store cheaper?

I have a Juwel and a Aquaone heater that have been running fine for a couple of years now but think now i will go for a Jager for my African tank they are a bit more valued than the Neons, Danios et al in my community tank

Thanks for directly answering my question.

http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/cont ... tions/m/0/

Please read that.[/quote

I read it.

And the answer is "Please note prices on the website do not reflect the exact pricing in either of our 2 branches, both stores are individually managed and though all care is taken to ensure pricing on all products is the same this my differ from time to time."

I remember how much easier my job was when I only managed 1 glass house property, these days I manage 2, so I Know where you are coming from.

Anyways I will put my money where my mouth is come in when I get them time cos I think I wan't 2x150w and the price from them is not on your website, unless you want to PM me with a good deal for 2 :wink: and then It will save me a trip.

I think your shop is great, and always get great advice and great fish and products.

I think this is funny as I have an old master Pet one here which I have had for about 4 years. (I kid you not) and it is still going strong.

I am def not saying they are a good heater but it is one I bought a long time ago when I had no other option at the time and it is used on one of my small planted tanks. I am not sure about the temp, whether it is accurate or not, as it is in my fish room and I dont have a thermometer in the tank. I wouldnt buy another but I thought I would just mention it. :lol:

I have had a lot of success with Aqua One heaters.

Just saw this. Mine cracked when I turned it on after correctly submerging it in 20 degree water :o

recently bought a 200w jager from HFF and it's going awesome! holding the temp really well accurately which i've never found with the aqua ones i had previously. also these have a feature where if they run dry, they'll automatically turn off.. that puts my mind at ease overnight/while away. definitely worth it