Feeding time at the zoo

blueether

Nice! I like the way the inanga are bobbing in the flow - looks like it is just right for them!

The leaf litter looks good.

How are you finding the sand? I haven't tried that yet, but seen a couple of tanks (yours included!) where it looks really good.

What are they eating?

:hail:

Nice! I like the way the inanga are bobbing in the flow - looks like it is just right for them!

I don’t think the inanga would like much more current than that, although they do seem to spend a little time in the inflow, trying to get further upstream?

The leaf litter looks good.

How are you finding the sand? I haven't tried that yet, but seen a couple of tanks (yours included!) where it looks really good.

I'm liking the sand although it isn’t really the torrent fish or the inanga's natural/normal environ.

I have taken much of the leaf litter out and only left in the bugger bits. They do look good, and you never know where in the tank they are going to be.

What are they eating?
At the moment the are mostly eating daphnia, waterboatmen, backswimmers, mozzie larvae and small amounts of beef (need to get some heart). oh and the inanga have taken a liking to the shrimps :an!gry

would you mind sharing the specs/equipment in your tank....?

pleeease?

um... one (probably over over stocked now) cheep Chinese ~50l tank - 450mm x 350mm x 350mm with a 350l/h filter.

Contents:

One torrent fish

~20 fresh water shrimp - getting less by the day :tears:

2 female red fin bullies ~ 30mm?

4 common bullies (unsexed atm) ~25-35mm

1 disabled common bully (female?) ~40mm

1 bully common bully (male?) ~50mm

6 inanga 50-70mm

WTB 300-400l tank

It gets plenty of light, and too much warmth :(

The lighting on the tank was 2 * 8w fluorescent tubes one white one blue, the internals of one of the fixtures let it's magic smoke out so there is just the white tube running. I then added a blue cold cathode tube from a PC case to increase the perceived colour temp.

The filter is some un-named thing on the back ;)