Pregnant Beardie??

emaytiti

A female beardie full of eggs is called gravid. When full of eggs they can look like a bag of marbles and when ready to lay will drive you nuts digging holes all over the place to lay in. You need a container of moist vermiculite or vermiculite/peat for her to lay in and large enough for her to dig a hole, lay the eggs and cover them up. Then you need an incubator to hatch the eggs and somewhere seperate to raise the young. A good time to make sure you are successfully breeding heaps of live food or have very deep pockets.

A female beardie full of eggs is called gravid. When full of eggs they can look like a bag of marbles and when ready to lay will drive you nuts digging holes all over the place to lay in. You need a container of moist vermiculite or vermiculite/peat for her to lay in and large enough for her to dig a hole, lay the eggs and cover them up. Then you need an incubator to hatch the eggs and somewhere seperate to raise the young. A good time to make sure you are successfully breeding heaps of live food or have very deep pockets.

Female belly:

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/dscf4634.jpg/

http://img221.imageshack.us/i/dscf4635.jpg/

hard to tell by your pics but I remember the first time my one laid after an accidental mating it hardly showed at all?Just feed her well and watch for changes in behaviour such as off its food ,trying to dig etc.Get your feeding worked out fast for the babies or it will end in tears . Take her outside and watch her and she may dig in the garden or where ever,just don`t let her out of sight.

hard to tell by your pics but I remember the first time my one laid after an accidental mating it hardly showed at all?Just feed her well and watch for changes in behaviour such as off its food ,trying to dig etc.Get your feeding worked out fast for the babies or it will end in tears . Take her outside and watch her and she may dig in the garden or where ever,just don`t let her out of sight.

She has been digging around in the tank, but not deep enough. Might put in a big dish of vermiculite.