calamnaris or neon disease

cliffy

Hi guys yes that's what the neons had

1.Restlessness.

2.Fish begins to lose colouration.

3.As cysts develop, the body may become lumpy.

4.Fish has difficulty swimming.

5.In advanced cases the spine may become curved.

6.Secondary infections such as fin rot and bloating.

I ask the shop and they think it was columnaris any way it affected my glow light tetras and they died is well I did notice blotting and fin rot and coloration.

guys you reckon it's neon fish disease or columnaris .

My 3 honey dwarf gouramis a still alive so what should I do leave the tank as it is I have done a 50% water change anyway I have to tanks but only 1 gravel vacum do i put it in boiling water before clean my other tank that's not affected .

I definitely think columnaris... I think your honey's will be ok, but it would be safer to treat them with furan2 anyway.

Would be a good precaution to do the boiling water, otherwise let it dry?

Or use something else to change water in the other tank, bucket, some kinda hose etc.

Thanks Dreams just want to ask you is I have put a carbon sponge in the filter so any way I will do my weekly water changes you reckon how long to leave it before put x ray tetras in cause I wont get neons anymore as they so common to getting that disease.

True it sounds like it affects a lot of fish keepers shame that furan 2 is so expensive and knowing my luck if did get it the fish will still die you reckon tonic salt works is well.

what you reckon about x ray tetras they a stronger fish aunt they cause that was my next idea.