angel fish are spawning!

alanco

My angel fish are doing well in my low populated community fish tank with a few guppies

, this is there second try, the first time the angel pair tried, it was there first time ever spawning, and they did kind of fail a little bit

, they ended up eating up all the eggs the next morning,

but this is the second day/night that this second spawning has survived, so i think that it is going to be successful!

the female angel fish has laid her eggs on a bamboo stalk and its doing pretty well

only a few are turning white, so the water must be pretty clean,

this is my second time breeding angels, after my first unsuccessful hatching, that all died like 3 days after they all hatched, i think it was

because the water quality was bad, as i hadnt done that many water changes due to being busy

but now that it is holis! i have time to look after the fish and hopefuly have a successful hatching and survival.

i am not sure if i should keep the eggs in the tank till they hatch, because it is right next to the filter inlet, and there are guppies in the tank.

the first time i bred angels i took the eggs away from the parents straight away, but now i kinda want the parents to look after the eggs and see them hatch.

But scared that the tank with subtrate and few guppies, with a waterfall filter wouldnt be right for them.

its coming up to the second night now and no sign of eyes in the eggs yet, giving some time to decide what to do with them.

any suggestions? :D

some of the eggs have hatched!!! =) :bounce: :bounce:

and the parents are taking good care of them,

some of the wrigglys are falling off and the mum has gobblies it up and puts them back on !

real cool to watch!

im thinking about putting a sponge around the filter so that the frys will be safer

.as for the guppies, they are staying awayy at the moment, as the parents are protecting them well

the guppies dont seem that interested in eating them any way which is good

the babys are all gone :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm next time i probably should take out the eggs for sure, or let them bred in a tank of their own

ohh i told you to syhon them out..one of the reason fish have to eat up their frys is because they fear they cannot protect their hatched frys..

wait!!!

i just found a large group of hatched squiggly fry on a java fern leaf!

i was wondering why the angel fish were always hanging out there and i

realised that they moved the hatched ones to another spot!

:bounce: the fry are doing pretty good sticking to the java fern leaf

as for the guppies, i moved them to another tank

• 1 month later...

My angelfish have also successfully bred for the first time ever - I see little wiggly tails and Mum is moving them around - very exciting :)

They're in a community tank with a strong filter so I feel I should move them to another tank in a few days - what is an ideal tank set up and what should I feed them?