Recommend me some Panda safe SA fish?

the-obstacle

so it turns out turning the tank lights on after the timer turned them off at 7 as it does every day is a really good way to scare the crap out of your fish. I've never seen them all move so fast and so skittishly. Needless to say I didn't get any photos of the male but I got a pic of the panda eggs.

img6597y.th.jpg

Here's a pic of the male from a while ago when I had 2 of them. The one I kept was the larger one on the right - he's coloured up a bit more since then.

img6391vi.th.jpg

so it turns out turning the tank lights on after the timer turned them off at 7 as it does every day is a really good way to scare the crap out of your fish. I've never seen them all move so fast and so skittishly. Needless to say I didn't get any photos of the male but I got a pic of the panda eggs.

Here's a pic of the male from a while ago when I had 2 of them. The one I kept was the larger one on the right - he's coloured up a bit more since then.

Nice fish! Good luck with the fry/eggs.. What are you going to do if they start free swimming? Are going going to leave them with the pandas and see if the parents can guard them well enough for some to survive or siphon them?

Nice fish! Good luck with the fry/eggs.. What are you going to do if they start free swimming? Are going going to leave them with the pandas and see if the parents can guard them well enough for some to survive or siphon them?

That I'm not sure of - it's only the first spawn so I figure I'll see how they go. The pandas are the priority to breed out as they're going to be the big school but I don't think the parents will do much in the way of parenting once the eggs hatch. I'll have to see.