Clown knife feeding? And Ornate attack.....

REEVESTA

Hi guys, I have recently obtained a 6-8cm clown knife fish. I am well aweare of the size they get to and was planning on keeping it with my Ornate................. and well the ornate had a better idea he tryed to eat him. (the ornate is only oround 13cm)

Even though he was way to big for his mouth. It looks like he managed to get the head in his mouth, so now the knife is in a small tank by himself with what looks like a bite mark on his head with a badly damaged eye. At first he was sort of floating on his side, then floating vertical. This morning he seems to be swimming more naturaly and looks like he will pull through.

And now this gets to my Question. What to feed him? Google says they are picky eaters and sometimes will only eat feeder fish. I expect them to be more like bgk's? Eating blood worm, prawn and maybe pellets.

The ornate cleaned me out of convicts so i currently have no feeeders so i should get some guppys? Anyone had any experience in CKs?

Thanks Reevesta. :hail:

i have two ck living together, 1 is stunted wtih a buster jaw from when young (broke it striking food) the other is a highs pot one that is already overtaking it in growth and is much younger. 32cm now and growing. going for 40plus cm :D

anyway, they are hardy at a good size and WILl accept pellets so dont believe what you read on them about food, i read that too.

they easily accept food that is dead or pellets. Mine eat discus mix beef and pellets. gorge on it.

feed it pellets, good quality pellets, like hikari c gold or sinkiing caRNIVORE or massivore. massivore you will be astonished at the growth rate and HEALING.

if may survive, make sure you give it good water, maybe melafix to avoid infection if not already healed.

dont gfeed it live food. pellets is the way.