grass

critter_guy

Not sure about Wellington, but up here in Auckland you can usually find a good selection of aquatic plants in stores like Mitre10, and they are normally quite cheap too ($11.95 for a big pot). I have bought Glosstigma (spelling) and some grass like plants that I have in my tanks now and they grow quite well! It might pay to check them out.

Cheers, CatBrat.

Lilaeopsis brasilienses is dark green, wider flat leaves than the others below.

Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae - a New Zealand Native, light green

Lilaeopsis mauritius - commonly known as Hairgrass , dark green

The last two plants look very similar except for the colour of green and leaf shape.

Lilaeopsis mauritius has a thin cylindrical leave and Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae has a thin flat leaf.

Look at the website http://www.fnzas.org.nz/ under Plants and look up Lilaeopsis

• 2 weeks later...
Lilaeopsis brasilienses is dark green, wider flat leaves than the others below.

Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae - a New Zealand Native, light green

Lilaeopsis mauritius - commonly known as Hairgrass , dark green

The last two plants look very similar except for the colour of green and leaf shape.

Lilaeopsis mauritius has a thin cylindrical leave and Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae has a thin flat leaf.

I bought this as 'Hairgrass' so don't know which one it is, presuming Mauritius - what do you think? Sorry it's a bit blurred.

hairgrass.jpg

And this one is very similar but not Hairgrass and she didn't know what it was - I thought perhaps Triglochin striatum - Arrowgrass - anyone know, it's not a good photo unfortunately?

sideon-ar380.jpg