Choosing fish.....

blueyes

Yeah, I have to remember to make sure the stripe goes right to the end of the tail for SAE from what I have read, I'm thinking I might get 3 or 4 of these to keep each other company..... though dummy here forgot about having to make sure my driftwood sinks, which it doesn't so at the moment it is in a tank with rocks on top of it lol.....leeching tannins like anything even after I boiled them on the weekend.....so hopefully this process will help get rid of a lot of that too

Hmmmmm, I can't make my mid up between the two, I guess I still have a bit of time to decide....... maybe I need to visit some pet shops to do some research too, trouble is that when I do that I usually walk out with something I never intended to buy :)

I have given the affinis to Wok, hopefully it will make it up your way without being stir-fried :wink: He is heading back tomorrow so you two should probably contact him before it gets left in the boot of his car for the rest of the week.

Thanks Zev, getting a nice little collection of plants, so can't wait to start putting it all together, luckily the Crypts go with the Asian biotope theme so hopefully I can do this properly without using anything that is not from the biotope, the only thing maybe the java moss that I am planning on using on some of the driftwood :)

• 1 month later...

Hey i'm just starting out with tropicals, and had the same problem as you with choosing fish. One book i can reccomend is What Fish? a buyer's guide to tropical fish , written by a team of fishkeeping experts it lists over 150 fish to choose from along with much helpful information on the fishes size, diet, origin, cost, sexing, preffered tank, minimum tank size, water type, temperature, preferred decor, tank area, how many per tank, behavior and the odds of breeding. I found the information easy to acess and understand, accurate and to the point and very helpful and informative, i would highly reccomend this book to anyone.