anybody heard of...

pufferfishnz

has anybody heard of aquastart tanks?

i rang a et shop today and asked about aqua one tanks as i prefer those and i got suggested an aquastart as it was cheaper.

apparently it was 40l and it had internal filter in the top like the aqua one tanks do.

i cant for the life of me find a picture on the net so i can look at it. i work in town and the pet store is a 25 min drive away and we need it before the weekend!!! (if i can view it on the net my partner can pick it up!) eeek.

any advice or comments on either tanks would be appreciated!

Just saw those new ones at my LFS too, looked really nice, expecially liked the new filter. Wish I could have got that instead of my under gravel filter Aqua One Starter 320. :lol: The new tank alone is $155 and with stand $370, I think. Strange how the stand costs more than the tank :lol:

Edit; found it :D

I always get my tanks from a glazier. They are a fraction of the cost. Small tanks don't need their own stands as they often fit easily on existing furniture.

The glazier my dad and I used charges a minimum of $150, so in some cases pre-made tanks are cheaper :(

it often works out the same value either way if you get a hood & stand made & add the costs of new lights & filter for a custom one although i have seen what i thought were outrageous prices of small factory made tanks like the tiny aquaone units. the advantage of getting a custom made one is you have choice of size & sometimes design etc but they are more work in the long run.