Aqua knead-it safe in established tank?

the-obstacle

Hi,

I need to secure a perspex divider in my tank as it keeps lifting off the bottom. At the moment I only have substrate on one side so could easily use something aqua knead-it to secure it to the glass bottom. I figure if I use a bit it'll hold it in place and I can then cover it with the substrate for the other side.

The tank currently has fish in it. Will the knead-it be a problem or is it totally cool to use? I note a lot of people use it in salt water tanks for rock to rock but will it work for perspex to glass like silicon would?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I need to secure a perspex divider in my tank as it keeps lifting off the bottom. At the moment I only have substrate on one side so could easily use something aqua knead-it to secure it to the glass bottom. I figure if I use a bit it'll hold it in place and I can then cover it with the substrate for the other side.

The tank currently has fish in it. Will the knead-it be a problem or is it totally cool to use? I note a lot of people use it in salt water tanks for rock to rock but will it work for perspex to glass like silicon would?

Thanks in advance

It won't really stick very well to perspex or glass. Silicone doesn't stick to perspex either, btw. But it should be safe to use.

It won't really stick very well to perspex or glass. Silicone doesn't stick to perspex either, btw. But it should be safe to use.

It's best if it doesn't cure entirely in place so I don't have to chip it off if I ever change the config of the tank. I figured if it gripped anywhere near as well as silicone does to perspex (not well but enough in low pressure situations) it'd be sweet. I just need to be able to use it with the fish already in the tank as I don't have spare tank capacity at the moment. If i'd have thought about it I would have siliconed it down before I added substrate and water but you learn these things later :)