Ram Sickness

oscnz

Has anyone else (other than P44) come across a sickness in rams which creates pimple like groths over the head and body? Some time it ends up in death sometimes it just goes away. If anyone can shed some light on this subject in reguards to cause and treatment it would be appreciated, as my pride and joy has come down with it :(

If you let the symptoms develop slowly, it looks like what you would expect to see from fish TB at a very advanced stage.

It develops into a gaping hole that looks like an internal eruption after it gets past the 'tumour' phase that the pimples lead to.

A bent spine is not always a symptom of the disease, and it is very rare.

Yes I do think it is hit and miss if they survive or not. Ryanjury had the same problem keeping his alive that I did. Not sure if they had the pimple or not and he will no doubt post after he settles in to his new house up here :D

Yeah had similar issues, either pimples or just fast breathing and loss of balance/appetite and then death.. Who knows what happens to them I don't think I did anything wrong to all of the various batches that I have lost the same way so think it is something to do with rams. It was interesting that Adrienne and myself got batches of NZ bred rams at the same time from the same place and treated them 2 completely different ways different sized tanks water etc and all of ours perished the same way..