Green spot puffer fish brackish water

stephikins

I don't know :|

I was thinking maybe the substrate was disturbed when you added plants and decoration and it clouded up the water since a fully cycled tank shouldn't be clouding up all of a sudden.

How did you cycle it? How many fish did you add at once after you cycled it?

Have you tested the water?

How old is your green spot puffer? (It will eventually need the transition to a fully marine tank)

I know someone who has a true brackish tank for her fig 8 puffers, and the cloudiness was a real mystery. Took a few months (3+) and it went away on its own. Nothing she did resolved the 'problem' which turned out to not be a problem in the end any how.

Yes we are planning to have the fish transitioned to a full marine tank over the nexy year or so. I have just done a small water change and taken the plant (cabomba) out and he seems much happier. have also removed the backing paper off the sides cause he was seeing his reflection and looked frustrated......He's come out from hiding now and is much happier. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...

I did a water change in his tank 2 days ago and now the water is a cloudy green again. Could it be getting too much sun? It doesn't get much but maybe just that little bit is enough to make the water cloudy. I have also added a plec to try and clean things up a bit. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

My brackish tank was cloudy when i first set it up, nothing i did made it better, i would do waterchanges it would cloud up straight away - eventually after months it came "right" all by itself.

But if it's a green cloudy then that is a algae bloom? mine was a white cloudy.

Also I don't know if pleco's would be a good idea to keep brackish, i know they don't like to much salt? someone may correct me if i'm wrong.