Hanging lights for a 3ftr

Joshlikesfish

My friend is looking into buying a light for his 3ftr, 2xT8 bulbs with a reflector. What light fixture would you recommend for this purpose? He was thinking about just buying a fixture from bunnings etc, getting some 6500k bulbs and hanging it.

Any better suggestions? He is also on a limited budget

Thanks

My friend is looking into buying a light for his 3ftr, 2xT8 bulbs with a reflector. What light fixture would you recommend for this purpose? He was thinking about just buying a fixture from bunnings etc, getting some 6500k bulbs and hanging it.

Any better suggestions? He is also on a limited budget

Thanks

Depends, does it have a hood?

3ft fittings are rare as since they are never really installed commercially, also 3 ft tubes are a lot more to buy than 2 or 4 foot ones when you are talking the non specilist ones like 865 and 965. Infact I was not able to get a 965 in a 3 foot when I tried.

If you go to a wholesaler you can get a reflector for the batten fittings which you can just sit on the top of the glass. Otherwise you will have to hang it there somehow. I have reflectors that are over 10 years old that are just starting to rust now so for the longevity they cant be beat.