Whites tree frogs - legal stuff only - NO SLANGING.

acanthurus

All that emotive jargon was very hard to read through. Stick to the facts to make an argument and the merits will be clear.

Emotive language only exposes the shortcomings in what could potentially be a sound argument.

I do not think I need to re-quote what I previously said, but based on the facts, and facts alone - that is the only conclusion I can draw.

There are a couple of questions that can be raised with regards to how the tree frogs came into private possession in / after the 90s but given that they were not illegal until after 3months of them being sighted in private hands; that line of questioning might be dismissed.

i acnt be bothered with this. its a pointless arguament and we have the same conversation about the rules of MAF.

i say, dont like then move to aus.

nothign we can do

and NO acanthurus, not most reptile keepers keep super worms actually

I never did........i know many that NEVEr did......

thats like claiming that everyone who likes toparty and have fun takes drugs.....ridculous...

(comment removed)

acanthurus, you dont wanna reveal your identity....no good reason not to........

anyway, bye...

in 20 years, we dont kow what will happen, maybe reptiles rules will relax.

you annot predict it.....

im just glad fish is still on the menu, thats myprimary passion....

reptilehobby in nz i find..... to be full of corruption.... theft and its like an underbelly saga going on.....

the world laughs at us because we pay forand sell tortoises for thousands of dollars that cost $1 in asia or the rest of the world.

Most countries have rules aganst foreign species.

Florida now is startingto make rules...too little too late.

something as 'harmless' as the common pleco isnot a pest in florida and peopleare given incentives to kill them

like the bul head here.

its all perspective.

the way i see it, if you dont like the rules....

do something about it?

campaign against it?

but simply trying to sell frogs on thenet so peole would breed them and attempting to 'establish' them here inthe country that way is notthe way to go.

(comment removed)

but simply trying to sell frogs on thenet so peole would breed them and attempting to 'establish' them here inthe country that way is notthe way to go.

(comment removed)

That is what people did at the start with the water dragons, bearded dragons, blue tongues, box tortoises, beardeds (both kinds) and leopards...that is why they are available now.

That is how it starts...I fail to see the point you a trying to make.

(comment removed,)

tropical lizards will not establish in NZ. Even if they laid eggs they would not incubate. MAF says on one hand that Whites were here in the wild but died out as they could not acclimitise, then on the other they say there is a risk of them establishing.

Florida is not a good situation...it is tropical, and the perfect habitat for burmese pythons and nile monitors.

You can still import special breeds of cats that are highly predatory to birds, white cloud minnows (could establish) and many other risky fish species....but not reptiles? Why?

As for a threat to the native reptiles...the biggest threat is people not keeping because of all the red tape and them dying out in the wild....harlequin gecko, otago skink etc....and this is DOC's fault. If you won't use funding to protect them in the wild then at least let people keep them under a proper system.

Exotic reptiles raise the profile of the native ones and in their own way promote conservation.