Where to get whitebait mesh??????????????

Insect Direct

anyone know where in palmerston north or close to....

tried bunnings, mitre10 mega etc....no deal, cant be that hard to source locally

at this time of year it can be found on the riverbank early in the morning wrapped around aluminium tubing and clutched in the hands of an expectantly hopeful whitebaiter :D

Stainless or flyscreen stuff?

What about aluminum joiners who do security doors?

Im not sure, based on whats on trademe i think its aluminium. All i know is its not the black fly screen stuff, its silver. Apparently stronger.

possibly like this,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Fishing ... 377455.htm

but i think you can get a finer mesh grade. That mesh has holes at 2.5mm apart. 16 to the sq/cm. Close to flyscreen.

Well, that was not a successful trip - went out to look for those cheap kids plastic balls you buy by the bagful (about 60mm diameter) and did not find any, unless I wanted to buy a paddling pool as well just to get 20. I would even be willing to settle for some of those plastic ABC cubes that are hollow, but only found wooden ones - got 5kg of shot, though. Anyway, I digress.

No mesh from Hunting and Fishing, he checked with their suppliers, and the alloy stuff is only available if you buy it as a collapsable whitebait net.

What about the likes of Mico Metals or British Steel?

True, sounds like my trip to Palmy to look for mesh the other day. Could try maccas playground for those balls, if thats what your after lol

Mico metals maybe, just looked at there website.

I may try the mitre10 in Levin next time im down there....sometimes they have things mitre10 mega doesnt. Apparently the one in New Plymouth has it.

Otherwise maybe an aluminium joiner like you mentioned.

Thanks for asking at Hunting and fishing anyway. Saves me going in there :hail: