Problems with Juwel equipment

Jagman

Hi all

I have a Juwel Lido120 tank which I bought early February of this year. Since then I have had 3 heaters go on me, I now have a Fluval one installed and goes great. Now today I have found my filter has stopped working. I have checked for any blockages which I did not expect to find as it gets cleaned regular.I have changed power points in case of point failure, no change. With all these problems with a young tank I am finding my confidence in Juwel products coming to an end. Am I the only one, or are there others out there with problems with Juwel???

Giles :cry:

It is quite well known that the filter pumps on the earlier model Juwels are crap. Just take the pump back to where you brought the tank from and tell them and they should replace it for free. I have had my Rio 180 since December last year and have only had the filter pump go but I don't use the Juwel heater either.

had a chat with one of the german guys from Juwel, said something about coloured dots on the light hood, and manufacturing dates on heaters and powerheads to check whether they were the 'faulty' ones or not but i cant for the life of me remember the specifics.

At Animates we had the guys come in and ripped lights, pumps and heaters out of all the stock tanks and replaced them.

Have taken power head back to shop which they replaced without any problems.

Yes with the Juwel lights there is a red or blue dot. The ones with the red dots should be replaced. With the heaters there is a date within the serial number however, I cannot quite

remember what it was but your local Pet shops should have these if you need to check.

Giles :D