Scheeli fry log

Sophia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted fry again! I have been searching and searching the riccia on the top for a wiggle but then I saw him on the bottom hanging out on the rock. As he's transparent he blends in very well and the other fish so far take no notice. Fishy is a miniature killie complete with mini fins, goggle eyes and mouth that chomps things. 5mm long. I was beginning to think he had either been eaten or I'd been seeing things.

:bounce:

Fishy is a miniature killie complete with mini fins, goggle eyes and mouth that chomps things. 5mm long.

They are little piggies - I have some that are not even half grown that managed to mow down 40 odd newly born guppy fry - they are living in the sump now as pennance :-?

I took the driftwood out to attach more plant this morning, and on a scrappy little piece that has a scrappy piece of half brown java fern, I found 5 eggs stuck in among the roots. Like little pearls, but clear. Little daddy fish hangs out there, I suspect they are his brood. Unless he's tenderising them for snacks at dusk.

the plant I added was windelov and it has a really good set of roots, I think this will be one of the new egg laying places.

:)

I am convinced now that it's just one main fry - seen him quite regularly over the last few days. Is getting quite brave, meandering along the front middle of the tank glass, pottering along on the bottom eating stuff. Is nice to see him out and about. He has been eyed by the big male and found to be not worth eating as a meal and left alone again.

The eggs that I saw on the bottom of the wood scrap have either hatched or been eaten as they are now gone.

Found another egg on the bottom of the driftwood when I took it out to add a plant, and another egg in the cabomba I pulled out, so I dropped that into the middle of the new christmas moss.

Today is a 2 Fry day! For the first time I have seen 2 fry at the same time, so I definitely have 2, they aren't just zipping around quickly. I can tell which is Original Fry, the other is definitely younger and less developed. Fry 2 was at the surface so I managed to get him some dried brine shrimp before the greedy gobblers ate it.

:bounce: