Help I have algae.

Swag

Hi can someone please tell me how to get rid of my algae without spending too much if possible. I have had the tank about 3 months, it was an established tank with plants and fish when I got it. and the algae has just gone crazy. I may be doing something wrong but don't know where to start. Thank you.

th_2010_0826aden0006.jpg

Its not a very big tank so don't want to add too many more fish. Its an aqua one 620 (90 ltr). I have the lights on about 8 hours a day and feed weekly with flourish seachem. The tank is in a well lit room but no sun gets directly on the tank. My Gourami pick at it and I have a bristlenose but its growing pretty fast.

I'm no expert, but it looks like beard algae to me. I hear flourish excel is good for getting rid of it if that's the case. Have it in one of my tanks, but been reluctant to use excel on it yet since a) it's expensive, and b) I don't want to accidentaly overdose and cause harm to the fish I have in there so I can't really say how effective it'd be.

use flourish excel just as you are, but increase the other nutrients so that the plants can out compete the algae.

Twisted val is a little more resilient to excel, but don't overdo it as it could all melt away.

Other nutrients can be purchased in fert forms like flourish comprehensive.