V.I.B.

Deepsound

I am lost if I do not have a book to read.

Me too.

Same thing with writing.

It's a kind of vital importance for me ;)

I love words.

To write in another language is pretty exciting. I love it ! It's like to be born once again. When I was kid, one of my favourite book was the dictionnary. I could stay for hours on the carpet, with that big book as ship ;) There were a lot of unknown words for me and I loved "to travel" through words and pages. Now, I do it again, but in english. Oh I like this feeling...

Enjoy auto biographies most and study up on what ever subject is my favorite at the time. read plenty on the solar system (almost all of Patrick Moores),

Sir Patrick Moores' great.

I like Hubert Reeves too (astrophysicist).

My father had a huge book, about 50 x 30 cm I was fond of : the Atlas of the Universe. About solar system, galaxies, nebulae, etc. It's impressed me for life.

Now, I'm reading a study about food additives.

All thoses stuffes used in mass-produced food as preservatives, antioxidants, emulsifiers, those that add flavour, colour, texture etc.

Pretty interesting and... SCARY :o

Now, I understand the real meaning of "junk food" because some of those additives could affect our behaviour.

I can't tell you which book it is, because only available in french and spanish for the moment. A guide not to poison you any more indeed. But the author, Corinne Gouget, talks about someone who did the same kind of studies, about food additives, in Australia : Sue DENGATE. So you can find more informations if you're interested by. Actually, this subject deserves it's own topic, in view of its importance for our health.

There's a vid about Sue DENGATE's study :

"Children are now "walking test tubes" due to dozens of nasty food additives and colorings. Causing serious bad physical and emotional problems. See the startling improvement in these school kids in just two weeks when food colorings and additives were removed"

• 1 month later...

Have to agree with Caryl, David Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorean are brilliant! I've read these over and over. Who else can make disembowelling hillarious?! If they're ever made into movies I WON'T be watching them. They'll never do the books justice!

Diana Gabaldons' Outlander/Crosstitch series ........mmmmmmmmmmm.......... Jamie Fraser........... Rugged scotsman and a kilt - what more could you want? Good gust of wind maybe :wink:

• 1 year later...

TimeTravelersWife.jpg

A beautiful (bittersweet) love story more than SF.

An unconditional, absolute and endlessly love between Claire and Henry.

When time is nothing...

Henry is a Chicago librarian affected by a strange disease they call CDD : chrono displacement disorder; he suddenly disappears randomly in his past, sometime in his future, he can't control it. He first met Claire when he was 28 yo; she was 20 but when she saw him this day, she already knew him from her chilhood. She was waiting for Henry her entire life, loving him from the bottom of her heart.

But he didn't.

Not yet...

They've known each other for decades, even if he is still not able to remember it...

I just ended to read this novel and my mind is still full of its words and emotions.

Now one of my favourite book, may be the favourite one.

The Time Traveler's Wife.

Audrey Niffenegger

Iain M Banks' Culture Series - My forum name's from one of the characters. Favs are:

Consider Phlebas

The Player of Games

Use of Weapons

Look to Windward

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI1Ylkh1Ft0H6XoeXUUzJpVrLmAe2P5LJtuBgIQpQ4n35lv0nuConsider+Phlebas.jpgConsiderPhlebas.gif

Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead,

Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell

And the profit and loss.

A current under sea

Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell

He passes the stages of his age and youth

Entering the whirlpool.

Gentile or Jew

O you who turn the wheel and look windward,

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Have to agree with Caryl, David Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorean are brilliant! I've read these over and over. Who else can make disembowelling hillarious?! If they're ever made into movies I WON'T be watching them. They'll never do the books justice!

Diana Gabaldons' Outlander/Crosstitch series ........mmmmmmmmmmm.......... Jamie Fraser........... Rugged scotsman and a kilt - what more could you want? Good gust of wind maybe :wink:

Don't worry, David hated TV and movie's and vowed he'd never sell the rights, a good thing too as I don't think I could see my favourite series disembowelled (and not in a funny way either) by a non fan director.

Here's hoping his children honour his wishes and don't give in to the sound of tinkling coin............then again we could always ask Silk to negotiate the details, that'd destroy the hollywood bank balance. :D