Blue Circle white spot cure ingredients?

jn

Hi again,

Had some of this around and is was listed as being effective on a range of external parasites in addition to white spot so decided to give it a go. Just wondering what the ingredients might be in case it doesn't cure my fish and I'd need to try something else.

I dosed at the recommended level very late last night and by this morning all the 'blue' was gone. Is that unusual?

I don't know the ingredients list but the stuff is great. Cant remember how many times I have recommended it.

Usually the blue does fade alot quicker that it would with meth blue or other dye type medications but it has never failed me yet.

Thanks guy. Nope - no info on the label as far as ingredients go.

Says its good for chilodonella, costiasis, and ich and that its safe for plants.

I dont have ich, but the other 2 were distinct possibilities

(it doesn't mention velvet/oodinium but the dusty looking bits didn't seem to have a golden sheen so hopefully that wasn't it)

I've used straight meth blue before and it stayed blue a long time, so i couldn't help but wonder.

It says its approved under the animal remedies and gives a license number. I may look that up when I have time to see what extra info I can find. My fish look and seem better, but it says to treat again in 3 days if required so I will probably do that.

Says not to dose more than 3 times in a row without a big water change.

Hi jn,

I rung the manufacturer/importer in Auckland a few months ago and they were unable to tell me what the ingredients were. At the time they were applying for the necessary permit to manufacture/import, and seemed unsure if they would continue to stock it.

cheers

Hi fishplants :) I know it probably seems like it but I still haven't forgotten your bags! Hopepfully some time this week.

Ok.. so its mystery stuff huh? Oh well...as long as it does what it says it does I guess we can't complain.

Will take your advice and do a w/c before redosing. I still see a few 'dusty' looking areas (and some cloudy areas) but definitely fewer than before.

It can't have heaps of copper in it caue I found a live snail in my tank this morning! Didn't know I had any either! (Probably wasn't your stuff fishplants, I bought some oxygen weed and stupidly didn't dip it!)