Help getting Blue tongue lizard to eat

firefish

Sky hasn't been eating much for a little while. She's about 8 months old so too young to brumate.

I've been trying to feed her a mix of brocolli, zuchnni, carrot, mushrooms, peas, apple, pear, banana, tomato, beef, chicken, freeze dried crickets.

I fed her a snail last weekend and she absolutly loved it.

I've been trying to get her to eat by taking away most of her leaf litter (not sure why - mum suggested it), tried a different plate - just incase she didn't like the plate I was using. My room has gotten warmer as I have a heat pump so its a minimum of 18 degrees on the cold side. About 30 on the warm side. I've shut my cat out while i'm out during the day cos he was sitting on her enclosure & she was getting angry at him.

Mum suggested that it could be cos she was living with other BTs in her breeders home - but knowing that they are solitary animals I don't want to get another one (I'd be happy to get another one if it would fix the problem)

Any ideas of how I can get her to eat?

maybe some live foods?

Thats why I fed her the snail - hopefully getting more soon. She does eat the odd FD cricket when I hold it out to her, or when I scatter them on the floor of her enclosure. Its more getting her veggies thats worrying me.

Also forgot to say that i've tried a little bit of kiwifruit & catfood.

mine only eat once week at mo.

about 9months 40cm, one active one in cave most of day (separate enclsoures) been like this past month maybe 2

slowd down but not brumating.

as long as they dont seem skinny she be rite. probably find they become more active again in a couple of months

i do wonder if i should brumate mine (switch lights off) they seem inbetween :-? silly skinks

how big are yours firefish? brumation is a size and maybe seasonal thing, not so much related to age.

At a guess she's about 30cm - but i haven't measured her (hopefully I'll remember when I see her next)

I'm pretty sure that she gets up every day. I leave too early in the morning for her to be up already (I think she gets up at 10ish) and I get home when she's already gone back to bed (around 6) lucky her that she has not commitments :lol: