How Many of you use Water Conditoners?

breakaway

How frequently do you use water conditioners?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How frequently do you use water conditioners?

• Every Water Change
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

I'm totally against adding anything to the water. It's much better to remove what's causing the problem.

With chlorine it's easy. If left in a bucket overnight with an airstone the chlorine is all gone. It's only a gas dissolved in the water after all.

I use RO water so don't need any additives to neutralise anything. RO removes almost everything from the water. All I add are a selection of salts to simulate natural waterway conditions.

This Auckland water is crap. I too can smell the clorine from the tap water. I use an anti clorine additive when starting a new tank. and also when replacing a large amount of water. But I never use it to the amount sugested on the directions I always use a little less. So I guess that way I use it is just as a bit of a help along, thats it.

We use Aqua plus on every water change not so much as a decontamination but more on the basis that it states "Extracts to reduce stress" and anything that helps out has to be good.

How does that old saying go one ounce of prevention is better that one pound of cure.