Tank bracing

Joshlikesfish

Ok, so in a hypothetical situation, my tank is 90cm long, 45 wide and 50 high. The center bracing on top of the tank is broken. Is it essential i have it fixed?

hypotheticaly, have you got a straight edge to place against the front of the tank to see if the panel is bowed? & hypotheticaly, how thick is the glass? :D

This is hypothetically me trying to fulfill my discus dream as cheap as possible. And hypothetically, this tank is on an auction currently at a price a teenager can afford. And hypothetically the owner has a broken brace. So hypothetically i cannot access the tank till purchase

And hypothetically the owner has a broken brace.

No, it is either broken or not. hypothetically it could break. hypothetically speaking i could arrange for that :o

:lol:

And hypothetically, this tank is on an auction currently at a price a teenager can afford

so its not on trademe? o.O

braces are pretty easy to fix. not hypothetically, really.

Hi, the end walls are approx 1cm thick, sides and top are around 6mm. The bottom is reinforced with extra glass. It's a really solid sturdy tank... weighs a ton. The only reason the top got broken is my husband dropped a hammer on it from a height accidentally while it was in our garage!

Hypothetically speaking that is the reply to the question. Hypothetically speaking I will put as much into obtaining this tank as I can.

I will get it fixed too =]

On another note, I have for sale a 60-30-38 tank. $25. A unicycle. And possibly other stuff I can find ^^

A piece of glass 45 wide for the brace wouldn't cost more then $15 right? :roll: