Tank no. 2 Ideas?

DennisP

There was a great article about a blackwater biotope in PFK magazine a while back. It was only a 2' tank, but it was set up with twisty driftwood, sand substrate, a few small plants and leaf litter on the floor, they had a school of cardinals, and maybe a few ottos and it looked great!

+1 droolworthy

I seriously want to do a tank like that. :roll:

It was actually pretty cheap to set up, would be even more so if you skipped the plants as you wouldn't need such powerful lighting.

I'd love to do a blackwater set up in a 2' cube in the corner of the lounge, but the Mrs isn't so keen...

+1 droolworthy

I seriously want to do a tank like that.

You should have seen my Apistogramma trifasciata breeding tank before I dismantled it (and moved them into my community tank, which was hit with a freak columnaris outbreak and I lost them :cry: ). It had lots of oak leaves, bogwood and Java Fern, sand and all that sort of stuff.

Planning on throwing some leaves in there and being a pretty dark tank aswell, so it may turn out like that.

Problems though, No peacock eels in CHCH.

HHFF maybe? Otherwise I have to wait 3 month minimum or something. Looked on redwoods website and they don't have any.

Suggestions? Could ask privately but would like 2 small ones.