is a 55W heater enough for a 70L tank?

BikBok

Just wondering whether I should take advantage of animates special on elite/blue planet heaters... are these any good?

Their next size is 100W ..

I have a 55W aquaone heater but could always put in a 25W one as well.

Would prefer a jager .. but budget not allowing it!

I have a heater that I think must be about a 50w in the 54L tank and its fine over summer but now I cant get it above 22 degrees so I am going to get a 100w as I just brought one for my other 54L and its working really well and doesnt even have a lid yet. Buying on TM as they are very cheap.

opened the heater and the glass is broken. back to the store tomorrow. Hope it's not an indication of the brand quality (blue planet) I think i got the last 100w so might have to pay more for a jager anyway. don't like the look of the elite.

How annoying.

a jager would be the best choice, a 100w jager will be rated for a 150L tank or similar. The 150w is rated for 200 to 300L tank IIRC

I'm using a 150W Jager for my AR850 (160L)

Guess I'll get the 100W but what i really need is a 75w jager lol.

thanks melanie.. I started with aquaone heaters but have found the jager far superior. I think the A1 are probably better than the blue planet .. but I was budget minded today!

One thing that is weird about the aquaone heaters , is that when new they grow a slime on the rubbery bits!

thanks melanie.. I started with aquaone heaters but have found the jager far superior. I think the A1 are probably better than the blue planet .. but I was budget minded today!

One thing that is weird about the aquaone heaters , is that when new they grow a slime on the rubbery bits!

I have noticed that too, but like Ira said I think its just the rubber thing on all of them. When I had all those bristlenose babies in the tank, they would all group together around the rubbers of the heaters and suck them clean :lol: