Long Term Lead

Nymox

I guess I should just add more gravel and replant, was looking for a shortcut but if I want it planted its the only real way :lol:

There was daltons propagating mix 20kg bags for $10 at the warehouse the other day, might see if there is still some, it looks the same as whats already in there more or less. Its not like doing the 50 ltrs though, almost a full days work, well it will be at my pace :-?

with cuttings i dont really see any other option than lead. ive got about 10 lots of cuttings in my tank with lead on them. i'm planning to remove the lead soonish, at least on the fast growing plants. problem with aquatic plants is that unlike land plants they can grow leaves with no roots at all! oh how to tell when roots have grown.

• 2 weeks later...

I got sick of my geophagus digging up my plants so i got some smallish (2-3cm) decorative stones from hardware store and covered an area with them. so now about 20% of my tank floor is undiggable and has my smaller/shallow rooted plants. he dosnt seem to bother the bigger plants so the rest of the tank allows him to forage. if you find stones a similar colour to your gravel they won't stand out that much

Added another 30kg of river sand, its about 3" deep now. I just added one or two handfuls twice a day, large water volume kept it from clouding up too much. Once my health returns a bit more Ill be able to get in there to plant it out. Will throw some pics up in a new thread once its under way.