places for NSW in whangaparaoa~

ben19185074

Hi i currently want to try to use NSW.

Is there any good place to collect it around whangaparaoa?

I live right next to stanmore bay beach. Is it ok to collect it from there?

Is there anything i need to know before using it?

Is it ok to use NSW with saltmix too. Because i mean not be able to go get NSW every week specailly in summer.

thanks

hey,

i live in red beach and i collect from arkles bay. i collect their coz its quite "open" to the harbour (so water isnt "stagnant", Id imagine it gets turned over a bit) and also the boat ramp to the waters edge makes collection very easy. just reverse your car down :D nothing special to do to it, so long as you either use it straight away OR store it in the dark for at least a couple of months. its ok to mix ASW & NSW separately - so long as you dont add salt mix to NSW!!!

never see anyone fishing at arkles?! compare arkles boat ramp to takapuna boat ramp. many collect from takapuna and have done for years. takapuna is an h20 highway :D arkles is generally very good, collected there for 6 months and had no problems. i have tested the water there and no phosphates or nitrates (not that seawater generally does) a bit of crude oil does wonders for your corals :lol: