Red light question

mcrudd

Most hunting shops should have red lights, apparently most animals can't see certain spectra of red light, and thus you can light them up at night (think deer/possums) and they think they are in the dark still.

Failing that, a peice of "Gel" from a lighting shop (called "gels" in the trade even though they are a plastic). They are used for performance lighting, and can give a very good lifespan on normal lighting (MH burn through eventually, since most performance lights are MH)

failing that! just get some red plastic sheeting stuff (the name escaping me right now!) and put it over your torch, not very high tech, but hey!

any of them should work.

I got a blue LED flexible tube light from Dick Smith ( has 24 leds in a water resistant tube for $6-7). They also came in red. It plugs into a 12v adaptor which you can buy for around $25 if you don't have one lying around.

You can also get the lights on TM and I think auto places as guys put them on their cars :D

Cellophane? If this is what Cricketman is talking about, it should be easy to find. The Warehouse or stationery shops should stock it.

THATS THE ONE!!!!

I hate mind blanks! :roll:

Oh, and the red light thing only seems to work on animals that do not have "cone cells" in their eye.