wanting to breed insects to feed my two southern frogs

with being cold , not many flies around ( after buying a fly trap off TM ) I bought a tub of wax worms from a local pet store

our two frogs eagerly eat them up ( our frogs are french menu & Kermit )

Now I read very flattening and only for a treat

What is suitable for a standard diet that I can easily breed, a single line of insect or different ones for variety??

thanks for all advice

sure they didnt pick something else up with them? the way they dive bomb their food its quite easy for something else to get in the mouth too. I dont feed mine near gravel or sand, on a nice flat bit of wood or rock so no chance of eating anything it shouldnt.

The mealworms bite too. DD2 pinched one from the frogs as a pet :roll: ( she was 6 then). One night she came out of her room not long after being put to bed. "Mummy I was kisssing my mealworm goodnight and he bit me on the lip" :o

I said ew don't do that put it in the frog tank. She goes " Nah its ok I'll kiss him on the bum instead" :lol:

The mealworms bite too. DD2 pinched one from the frogs as a pet :roll: ( she was 6 then). One night she came out of her room not long after being put to bed. "Mummy I was kisssing my mealworm goodnight and he bit me on the lip" :o

I said ew don't do that put it in the frog tank. She goes " Nah its ok I'll kiss him on the bum instead" :lol:

Awwww, adorable :lol:

Standard diet (staple) should be crickets, flies and locusts. Treats should be mealworms, waxworms, moths and maybe some woodlice.

Above is jmo. There seems to be very mixed opinions out there especially in regards to mealworms. But I can say now with complete confidence that you cant go wrong with crickets, locusts and flies.