New Killies

rob1066

Just received 5 Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killies

Three males two females

I have put one male and the two females in a breeding tank and the other two males in my community tank

Nice tight lids on both tanks so they wont jump out

They are a stunning fish with quite a pike like shape to them imho

I have also got a trio of Gardneri Blue and a trio of Australe Gold

These are stunning fish as well

I have both sets in breeding tanks so keeeping my fingers crossed

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

Ap. lineatus have HUGE eggs that are fairly robust so a big mop, checked daily, should get you in business fairly quickly. Feed the adults up well on live food (small earthworms and young guppies are ideal) and do regular water changes.

The fry are large and will take brineshrimp, grindals, daphnia and baby mosquito larvae pretty much from when they hatch.

Andrew.

Hi Rob,

Ap. lineatus have HUGE eggs that are fairly robust so a big mop, checked daily, should get you in business fairly quickly. Feed the adults up well on live food (small earthworms and young guppies are ideal) and do regular water changes.

The fry are large and will take brineshrimp, grindals, daphnia and baby mosquito larvae pretty much from when they hatch.

Andrew.

totally agree but would add that they are often egg eaters even when well fed so often a very thick bottom mop will hide the eggs from them

I normally breed in small tanks that are 300 mm x 300 mm so I would put a mop (or several) so that they fill up 30 to 40 mm thick