November 29, 200421 yr comment_30711 I have been trying to get a decent pic of this male guppy, without much success. I am wondering about his "anal" fin. It looks totally different to the other male guppy I have. It is long and flowing, and almost reaches the back of his tail....haven't seen another guppy like this so far, and was wondering if this Anal fin is different from the gonopodium (hoping I got that correct LOL), or is it the same thing.....if so would this make him sterile? He is a really pretty colour, looks more yellow during the day, and more blue at night, he has a pattern on his body aswell. Report
November 29, 200421 yr comment_30721 You will often find this in guppies that have been bred for increased colour or finnage. Invariably, as the finnage increases, so does the gonopodium, and often it is so long that the males become useless for breeding. Report
November 29, 200421 yr Author comment_30724 Thanks for that, I thought that might have been the case :-? Report
November 29, 200421 yr comment_30732 ye phillz i used to get normal male to females with this longfin but then i found that it was actually a deformity i stopped as male cannot breed they are actually very common cheers Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.