Leaking Tank

Gizzygirl

The best type I have found.. is the

Silaflex RTV Professional Range by Fosroc.

It's available at most hardware stores at around $13:55 a cartridge.

This sealer is ideal for the job, and is completely safe for aquarium use, so I wouldn't consider any others.

Bill.

Thankyou Bill, I just brought this tank secondhand filled it up and found out that it leaked ( all over my carpet :cry: ). It would have saved a lot of hassles if the people had told me it had a leak or it might still have one, that way I would have filled it outside first. Cheers Jean

Gizzy, it depends on the leak.

You may have to dismantle you tank and start again.

Always put you glue on the water side of the leak. If it's a crack, glue a patch over it.

If it is a crack, make sure it has run all it is going to, cause if it hasn't, guess what? it'll wait till it's loaded, and it'll leak again.

Make sure all the old glue is cut out from the area you wish to repair,

not the glue in the joint, the beading.

The glue you use must smell of a strong vinegar smell, enuff to make you wince. Dont breathe this in as it is hazardous to your health. Work out doors if possible.

Bill is bound to have the right stuff tho.

Alan 104

The silicone mentioned above will seal UNDERWATER...

Just thoroughly clean the area where the leak is and remove any "obviously" loose silicone... then put some water in the tank until you see a flow from the leak.

Then place a small amount of silicone on your finger and seal the leak from the INSIDE by forcing it into the leaking area.

Works a treat, and if done correctly will give you no more probs.. :)

Bill.