mealworms/whiteworms/garden worms/flies for severums etc

oO SKIPPY Oo

not sure where this belongs - but i was thinking about feeding my hungry severums and chocolate cichlids some worms for protein etc is this a good idea ? if so whats the best / easiest option ?

ive fed the severums flies during summer but its getting hard to catch them now running out of heat in the afternoon etc. do i persist or should i start up a worm farm ?

not sure where this belongs - but i was thinking about feeding my hungry severums and chocolate cichlids some worms for protein etc is this a good idea ? if so whats the best / easiest option ?

ive fed the severums flies during summer but its getting hard to catch them now running out of heat in the afternoon etc. do i persist or should i start up a worm farm ?

Start a mealworm farm. Its pretty easy. Try sending Henward a pm for his setup and info.

Mealworms are pretty easy for live food. But easiest would probably be to feed them pieces of chicken.:) Mine would eat practically anything I dumped in the tank, I gave them leftovers all the time.

Mealworms are pretty easy for live food. But easiest would probably be to feed them pieces of chicken.:) Mine would eat practically anything I dumped in the tank, I gave them leftovers all the time.

is that cooked or uncooked chicken ? the big fish get prawns as a treat once a fortnight etc and worms if i find any in the garden...

after speaking to Henward I think i have gone off the idea of mealworms - sounds like my hayfever would drive me and the misses nuts !!

Earthworms are great,just make sure you leave them to purge out the muck.I put a kitchen towel dampened with tank water in a plastic container,tight fitting lid with holes punched in it,overnight in a cool place.

All fish in the tank go into hyper mode when earthworm is dropped in.I also use earthworm flake and pellets.

Aneasy way of catching them is to put down some newspaper on the lawn or cobbles,and soak it(don't forget to way it down!!)

Earthworms are great,just make sure you leave them to purge out the muck.I put a kitchen towel dampened with tank water in a plastic container,tight fitting lid with holes punched in it,overnight in a cool place.

All fish in the tank go into hyper mode when earthworm is dropped in.I also use earthworm flake and pellets.

Aneasy way of catching them is to put down some newspaper on the lawn or cobbles,and soak it(don't forget to way it down!!)

purging ? huh - i just grab them and through them in - do you really need to purge the muck out ?