Powerheads/Pumps

maoripho3nix

Hi all,

was lucky enough to save about 40 odd powerheads/pond pumps from being binned today at work. Ranging from small to huge! :lol: Apparently most go but arent pushing out water properly, I suspect its the impeller clogged up.

Anything I can soak them in to get rid of the buildup?

Could end up selling some on here :D

:bow:

If the impeller is clogged up, you just need to open them and clean them. There is really no substitute for a good clean but if you just want to give them all a soak try using white vinegar, about 1 cup per bucket and soaking over night usually works for me.

If the impeller is clogged up, you just need to open them and clean them. There is really no substitute for a good clean but if you just want to give them all a soak try using white vinegar, about 1 cup per bucket and soaking over night usually works for me.

:D Thanks, yeah I wanna give them a good clean out, but didnt want to use any type of house chemicals, just wanting to know what to soak them in to loosen the build up thats in some of them. As most of them are an enclosed unit (not designed to be opened) its gonna be difficult to clean some of them by scrubbing.

Thank you again :bounce:

What are old power heads doing at Mitre10?

Well they are mostly for pond setups. Have a look in the garden section at mitre10 (any local one), theres a few ranging in size (ltrs per hour), and also underwater lights, stones etc.

The boxes full that I got, some are new but have transformer problems, others are used but not performing properly. 9/10 customers will bring them back and get a new one claiming the fair trading act :roll: , but usually they just need a good clean.

However on our end, the credit, return to supplier etc. costs more than our cost price for the items, or the supplier has told us just to biff them, so we just credit and dump them. And I put my hands up :bounce: and said I want them :lol: