LOST COCKATIEL - please keep an eye out for her in Manukau

BikBok

That's awesome news! :D Get her wings clipped aye?

yes we're very pleased but won't be clipping her. We'll just be more vigilant with shutting the curtains when she is out.

It would be cruel to clip her now after all her adventures and 3 1/2 years of being allowed to fly around our lounge.

Sunny is such a strong and determined flyer that even when fully clipped she will still fly but lacks the control and ends up breaking all her tailfeathers with bad landings. So we decided to let her grow her flight feathers. Flying keeps her fit and happy so we won't take that away from her .

BikBok-sunnyfly-9yi.jpg

That is one spectacular photo!

I love that your keeping her fully flighted too. Its a lot of extra effort, making sure they stay safe, but its totally worth it. I decided to let my Alexandrine's flight feathers out around a year ago, and I'm so pleased I did. At first I worried about the effect it would have on our bond, but hes still just as lovely. The only difference is that now if he wants to go investigate something in the room, he will :P Interestingly enough, he seems to be more comfortable with letting me try new things with him now.