transperancy of new tank material

Brianemone

Hey

i would to upgrade my tank (my current one is my old sump so it findof scratched)

im thinking maybe an acrylic tank, it needs to hold about 88l as thats what mine is currently

what i want is something vey clear and crisp looking

ideas??

i liked bens one but would prefer a tank rather than a whole unit (save some pingers)

I'm not brave enough to go with an acrylic tank. Why don't you get a tank made from low iron glass like Starfire®, or Diamant® both are available in 10mm and thinner here. Here's the difference in colour. It's approx twice the price of standard float glass.

img147.gif

Layton

the curved corners of Acrylic are cool.

i have a large acrylic tank (500L)

The curved corners are cool, but they scratch.

I would go diamonte sp? glass for a 2 foot cube.

best thing for acrylic is the weight, i can lift my tank myself, though still use 2 people to move it..... and no risk of breakage if bumped during the move!

ok

heres my genius idea.

my wife has a white glory box that we used to sit a little fresh water tank on, the cabinet is always empty but would very easily fit my old sump.

so i have my old sump as my new sump with all my old equiptment rated for a four footer in it, all powering a two foot nano cube.

yeah then i can get some more variety in my tank cause ill have a skimmer runnning again

only problem is access to the sump, not so genius ( i can turn the front panel into a door of sorts but access will still be restricted)

heres the basic idea that ill be adding to over the next few months.

newtank.jpg

heres afew issues i have, the skimmer is quite large and the sump is mainly used to house it. it makes haveing baffles and so forth very difficult to use. i want a very simple design (ie brian proof) i want water to come down the overflow to the sump where it will be heated and skimmed (probably have a canaster filter to into the sump cause i dont want ugly pipes into the tank)

what should i look at doing with the sump to make it work effectivly

(i will add the stuff suggested to the pic)