I ate one of my Bhut Jolokias today...

Ira

Our common old garden chilis were a bit disappointing this year - blame it on the weather as well - only one plant survived.

How big do Jolokias get before they start changing colour?

You just couldn't wait, could you? 8)

Our common old garden chilis were a bit disappointing this year - blame it on the weather as well - only one plant survived.

How big do Jolokias get before they start changing colour?

You just couldn't wait, could you? 8)

Looks like about 80mmm. Longest I have are about half that. But my one bhut plant probably has somewhere around 2 dozen.

All my chillies have survived well, I started them inside under lights in about August. It was probably too cool for them though. Then in a small greenhouse outside around November where they grew MUCH faster.

I'm thinking this year I'll set them up under a light inside again, but in maybe June or July and with a heater to keep them nice and warm.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't stick your finger in the corner of your eye whilst driving after cutting chillies even though you have washed your hands... Been there...

That particular one I've done. It also becomes quite obvious that I apparently have an unconcious habit of rubbing under my nose...