After my trip to aus(see what my tank turn into in 7days )

ben19185074

I set up my 75 litre system 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems, especially with water quality. Have had fatalities, even once all tests were ok. Not sure what it was. Going to leave it for a while now.everything is covered in green and brown algae even though I clean it 1-2 times per week. Does it cause WQ problems when you clean of the algae and dont get it all sucked up. It looks like it dies on the bottom. My tank is too small to suck heaps of water while cleaning otherwise the water changes are too big. With the money I have spent on this small system because I want to shift house soon and also wanted to try it first before spending too much money, I should have just gone for the bigger one which sounds a lot easier and you can actually put fish in it. Not having the best time with it. One good thing is I have noticed a small anenome of some type starting to grow. god know what type it is though. It will probably grow up and kill something else.

I hope I can get my tank lookn like this.

How are the chromis with other fish? When I get to put some in I would like a clown and one or two others. Problem is all the small fish either get big or dont get on with each other. ie damsels.

probably should have started a new string!

chris

My tank must be crap to. No cyno for three years or more. Great water circulation and plenty of grazing fish take care of it. Didn't even have any when my phosphate level was 10+ppm.

That worm must die!!! A wrasse will help take care of them. Read up on them in that book I lent you.

bristle worms eat corals, clams, anemones and snails. Especially the big worms. I never chance it and get rid of any I find. My wrasse loves eating them.

Very few species of bristle worms eat corals. Another one of those reefing myths which has been passed on for years. Of course you could be unlucky and end up with one which does eat coral, but unlikely.

Layton

• 2 weeks later...