Water polishing?

Floater

Morcs mentioned

AC70 powerhead with a quick filter attachment (for water polishing)

Is water polishing what I think it is? Getting all the tiny little bits of debris out that just seem to float around all the time?

What is a "quick filter attachment"?

What is a "quick filter attachment"?

As the name suggests, a filter used quickly for a brief period of time. Perhaps for clearing cloudy water, ridding the water of unwanted food particles and removing chemicals.

HTH

hi there ya i think it is, it just make the water cleaner by taking out all the little particles and the quick filter attachment is just like a thing that can be attached that you fill with wool to make sure that it get all the particles out the water :)

that's just what i think :D:P

That's what carbon does.

Erm carbon removes chemical impurities out of the water, water polishing is the term used to finely filter the water :)

'Polishing pads' commercially available for some filters are a really dense high PPM grade kinda wool, they do a better job at filtering, but hence clog quicker.

The quick filter attachement is good as it takes 5 mins to remove, clean, and put back in, whearas changing a fine filter pad in a canister can take a fair bit longer sometimes.

Very very effective. increases maintenance intervals of my fx5

Carbon is a chemical filtration method (it removes particles by chemically binding with them) whereas filter floss is a mechanical filtration method (it removes particles by physically trapping them in a fine web of mostly inert material).

Is there a brand of this "quick filter attachment" or a specific name?

Its a genuine accessory available for Hagen Aquaclear powerheads. costs less than $20 from memory and fits to the bottom of the powerhead.

I have it on a timer, working 12 hours a day, to do the cleanup during the day, and off at night to lessen the current in the tank.

See top right corner of tank: I also use the FX5 polishing pads, cut to size. more effective than filter wool and lasts longer (more durable)

randoms013n.jpg

Its a genuine accessory available for Hagen Aquaclear powerheads. costs less than $20 from memory and fits to the bottom of the powerhead.

I have it on a timer, working 12 hours a day, to do the cleanup during the day, and off at night to lessen the current in the tank.

See top right corner of tank: I also use the FX5 polishing pads, cut to size. more effective than filter wool and lasts longer (more durable)

randoms013n.jpg

Just the answer I was looking for, thanks.