dead guppie

critter_guy

Could be a number of reasons but I would suspect stress from being in a breeding trap. I personally do not like the traps and would not use one. You are better having a heavily planted tank with lots of fine leaved floating plants for fish to hide in.

Those horrible breeding traps are animal cruelty, aqaurists should not be useing them! its better if you have a smaller or empty tank with which you can let the mother release her fry in. there are som people who have made there own traps of which i used to, until i got more tanks.

i used some fine mesh, then made a frame 1f x 1f and made one 2 foot tank into two seperate 1f tanks, this allowed me to have the females in one side and the males in the other, or have the femaes in one side and let the fry swim through to the other empty side were they could not be eatin? its up to you. very simple and easy idea. not the most attractive though! that way you can share filtration and heating throughout the tank also.

Shae 250

What kind of mesh did you use lb? Is it made out of metal or is it the fabric type?

it was metal

how did you get yourfra,me closeenoughto the siodes for the fry not to get throuhgh? I tried that but had trouble closing all the gaps. What did you use for your frame?

the point was not for seperation of fry, i only ever used to to seperate teenage, or adults into there sexes, for selective breeding. or have a bunch of females who were ready to drop, in one side so the babys could swim through to the other and not be eatin, that way i could fish them out and put them in a maturation tank.

I managed to get a plastic frame kit 1f x 1f from my other hobby shop (modeling trains) of which the frame fit perfectly with no gaps into the middle of the tank. then all i did was sylicon the mesh to the frame.

Shae 250