Ancare Vetcare Tapewormer

Bilbo

I had an unfortunate encounter with a severe woman with the start of a Hitler moustache at a Vet clinic (Which will remain nameless) in Bulls yesterday.

She tried to sell me the Ancare Vetcare Tapewormer (50mg praziquantel) for $4.95 per pill.

I have previously bought it from Feilding for 85c per pill but that vet has since gone broke.

I asked her to recheck the price but she refused too so I bought some droncit instead.

Does anyone else have access to this product and how much should they cost each. Did the Feilding vet go broke because they are loosing $4.00 per pill or was it Bulls that had it wrong?

Many vet clinics have standardised prescription fees, usually from $3 to $7 that help them to cover the cost of staff time in drawing up the prescription, entering it into the computer, eft pos fees, pill vials, labels, label printers, inventory control, drug logs and drug handling courses. If you had gotten 10 more tablets, it may not have cost more than a few additional cents!

I know it bites but as we know, veterinary medicines are not subsidised but they often cost the same as identical human medicines so clients have to bear the cost. To be perfectly honest, clinics that don't routinely charge prescription fees are probably mismanaged to some extent with their one or two vet nurses no doubt acting as janitors, kennel hands and receptionists instead of the skilled practitioners that they are! *off my soap box now*

I do feel for you though. The best thing to do would be to purchase a large bottle and share it with your friends (notice I did not say 'sell'). :wink:

Yep, the wanganui lot will charge you a dispensing fee of either $6 or $3 depending who is serving you and how much you mention the cost was last time etc, Or if you know the right person you might get it without the fee. (the fee is just to walk out the back and get the item)