Jarring Fry

Brett1970

Just going through the process of seperating the fry as i can now tell their sexes.

I know Adrienne uses soft drink bottles with holes in them for filtration i am doing the same thing .

Would like to hear if anyone has any other ideas i have 60 fry looks like 70 per cent are males .

You could make a drip system, more complicated than the soda bottles but you can have X number of jars in the system. Perhaps you could even make a tall, wide but not very deep cupboard lined with poly and heat that with jars in it?

How old are the fry when you need to jar them?

HTH

make sure the holes are small

iv done the coke bottle thing and learnt the hard way as some of them try swim thru the holes.. once they are in there they are hard to get out without harming them.. i lost a few this way

i find lots of small holes are better than larger ones

Spent all day yesterday cutting up drink bottles what a chore getting the wrapper of then the glue lots of scrubbing .

So now all the males are housed i have the female fry swimming in their own tank might go 2 the 2 dollar shop and seem if the have any bottles not really happy with the set up so far.

Think in the next few weeks will divide the tank into compartments .

Started the fry on Bloodworms cut up very small they love them just as much as bbs

what i did with some of my fighters.. i used 3litre juice bottles instead .. that way giving them about 2.5litres of swimming room.. plus they have square sides so you get more viewing space in the tank...

downside is to get a lot of them u need to drink lots of juice!!

:)

Can also raid the recycling bins on rubbish day. That is how I got my bottles

Be careful when doing that. You dont know what has been put in the bottle and you may kill all of your fish by introducing hydrocarbons to the tank. A lot of things like petrol soak in to plastic and do not smell when cleaned but over time they release the chemicals and will kill your fish

Can also raid the recycling bins on rubbish day. That is how I got my bottles :lol: Coke company and Schweppes bottles are easy to remove the label from.

lol. ozi got all our good resources. rugby players, horses, people, now..... our master fighter breeder Jo. :evil: :D

come back Jo. lol. u just be brought up to be a master, and you are gone. lol. sad.

miss the days you came to visit me. lol.