my cats weird

herperjosh

no, but our cat lays on her back and acts all cute, people who don't know say"awww, how cuuute" and rub her tummy, and wack, the claws dig in along with the teeth, and it's a real effort to extract her....she was Hitlers cat in a past life.

Lol, does she do the back leg kick'n'scratch as well?

One we used to have would grovel up to visitors for a pat which was fine, but when they stopped patting she would launch into them with her teeth, and if she made it onto her back they would get the front claw death grip and the kick'n'scratch treatment as well.

no, but our cat lays on her back and acts all cute, people who don't know say"awww, how cuuute" and rub her tummy, and wack, the claws dig in along with the teeth, and it's a real effort to extract her....she was Hitlers cat in a past life.

When our cat was younger she would but now she is just a 16year soggy moggy cat :D

do any of your cats do this? my cat will randomley walk up to me and then scratch me hard out!

Cats have very different personalities. My cat for instance knows if she keeps on scratching the side of my bed while I try to sleep then I will let her out. So she will purposely wake me by scratching my bed, as I get up she runs off to the door...knowing she will be let out. Try to see where your cat scratches you, is it near the kitchen she might want food or something. My cat also trips me by getting under my feet if I am in the kitchen cause she wants her treat of whiskas milk LOL but she does not get her way all the time since it is a treat. Have you recently ignored her or hushed her away, sometimes they can hold grudges too. Like I have learned dogs have masters and cats have staff :wink:

do any of your cats do this? my cat will randomley walk up to me and then scratch me hard out!

Maybe it doesn't like you?

My cat can't stand having her tummy touched, unless she's in a super good mood.

Maybe it doesn't like you?

My cat can't stand having her tummy touched, unless she's in a super good mood.

The only time you can scratch my cats tummy is if she asks for it. She will lie on her side and stretch herself out very long, that is the only time you can scratch her tummy. If she does not invite you she will bite you, just a warning bite then she runs off, nothing serious that draws blood :wink:

Thanks, yes its my first time owning a tortoise shell and I think she is the most intelligent and calm of all the cats I have ever owned. If we want to leave and want to put her in the house (big bully cat in the street) then I just call "Milkies" and she comes running LOL :lol:

Thanks, yes its my first time owning a tortoise shell and I think she is the most intelligent and calm of all the cats I have ever owned. If we want to leave and want to put her in the house (big bully cat in the street) then I just call "Milkies" and she comes running LOL :lol:

lol torts are cute the cat tyhat scratches me called gizmo is sis lives with us aswell and shes a tortishell shes sooooooooooooooooooo sute!

that's called overpetting syndrome

some cats get kind of overstimulated by being touched, they like it at the start and then they kind of go overboard

that's called overpetting syndrome

some cats get kind of overstimulated by being touched, they like it at the start and then they kind of go overboard

She only likes being patted or even touched on her own terms, once you get to know her it's easy to spot the signs that she's not impressed, she scowls or twitches her tail.

What's interesting though is how she behaves around little babies. She'll smack or bite anyone without a moments hesitation(as our kids have and are learning) but little weeny babies she'll tolerate. They'll yank on her, pull her ears, yank her tail and she'll just sit there, scowling with her ears down, but she won't react. But once the babies get to around 9 months old it's no holds barred, at first it's just a light wack to warn them, then a light bite, after that it's good hard scratch or bite, then she'll run away. LOL our dog is terrified of her