Help and Recommendations with Lighting.

RochelleMay

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any one can tell me where to buy 25W 30" 25mm T8 Lights from that is a bit on the cheaper side than $35 - $45 that most retail stores are selling them for? I did have a lightstore guy supplying me but he is not in the business anymore.

Also I was thinking about Metal Halides? Can you recommend these or give me any advice as I am seriously considering chaging to these. The Tank I am going to possibly put the halides on is 60cm Deep and has a bit of bottom level plants which with the flourescents don't grow so well.

Any advice and personal exeriences are greatly appreciated...

Cheers.

Metal Halides require replacing roughly every 12 months as well, but in your case would be good to get the light required at the bottom of your tank, there are different colour temperatures for them as there are with fluorescents.

What are the dimensions of your tank?

Dimensions of tank are approx 1.5m wide and .6 High ( up to water level) and .6 deep

I have been replacing my fluros more often then every 12months. More like every 4 cause I got told they will still work but not be as effective after 4 - 6 months. And I do notice that once I put fresh ones in the plants look great but after a few months they do diminish.

??? :)