HELP ME!

gem_scott

TBH i cant rember, i think out of the nest there was very few that survived, between 5-10.

it is possible they could spawn again, but that will put more stress on the fish, possibly best just to seperate again for a few days and condition them up again

If you moved the whole nest and only a few fell out, I'm sure you have plenty left. The parents will probably spawn again as soon as they have built the new nest. And maybe he won't eat them this time. Are you sure he wasn't just mouthing them the first time?

I bought a pair and quarantined them in a little 10 litre tank. They spawned and I removed the fry to a net in the corner of the guppy tank. Lost most of them when I was doing a water change and trying to control the net height in relation to water depth - the guppies got in and I only saved 2, which are now nice little fish. The next time the parents spawned (still in the 10 litre) I just left them alone. When the babies were a week or two old I moved the parents to their new outside tank and left the babies in the 10 litre. I found the biggest hurdle for the babies was getting them to eat anything. I tried liquifry, egg yolk, newly hatched brine shrimp, etc. They didn't seem to die, but didn't appear to eat and didn't grow for ages. When they eventually started accepting baby brine shrimp they finally started to grow.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok they have now had two spawnings and i have no idea what im going to do with all my little babies so i have removed her from the tank and made her up her own lil house but she is still swelling like she is producing more eggs and he is still making nests.

If i leave her alone in her tank will she become eggbound or something? Will she die? Or is it possible she will just drop them?