Angelfish housing and breeding

Hey guys,

I have a spare 62cm long x 40cm deep x 42cm high tank and don't know what to put in there. I've thought about a few things to put in there and was wondering how many angelfish fish I could put in there until some pair up and then I can move/sell the rest. Alos when breeding them what happens if you breed 2 different colours together? Like if you breed a golden one with a marbled one? Are some colours more dominent that others?

Thanks

Cam

The genes are in pairs and some are dominant and some recessive. Marble to gold is a good cross and marble is dominant over gold. Gold is recessive so a gold angel will have two gold genes. The marble will have one or two marble genes. If it has one (lightly marbled) you will need to work out what the other gene is. People do some silly crosses with angels and you can end up with pretty rubbishy fish if you get it wrong. If the marble is already split to gold you will get marbles and golds from that cross.

Yeah I use to have 2 marbles and they were awesome but got to big for the tank. So the tank would be big enough to grow out some and then keep a pair or 2? I was thinking of just getting a mixture of marbles, golds, gold pearscale and the silver with black stirpes (I think they're zebas or altums). How many could you grow up in that tank?

So this tank would be ok to grow some up until they pair up? I'd like to get 6 to put in there (2 marbled, 1 pure white, 1 white blushing, 2 striped/zebras and maybe a gold).

Would they be ok to grow up in that sized tank? It's got a good filter in there (I'd take it out once they start to breed)

Ok so maybe not get any zebras if I wantto breed them. So gold to marble = good.

What about gold x white or gold x blushing white and blushing white x white? Will they look any good?

After Xmas I might try get 1 pure white, 1 blushing white, 2 lightly marbled, 1 marbled with two marble genes and 1 or 2 golds. Or is that too many?

Thanks for all the help Alan.

I like the marbles as they're all different but I also like the white and the blushing as their pink cheeks are awesome.

What would you sugest I start with?