egg fungus doing my head in

imsweet

my 2 different type of killes have just started laying eggs again ( australe gold and Aplocheilus lineatus ) but there seems to be alot fungusing. I have started to add meth blue to stop the spread but at least 2-3 eggs a day are growing fuzz. both sets are fertile and have bred before, just had a break from each other. :-? Any suggestions? ta.

Are you picking the eggs with your fingers?

One of the local breeders here said that he had problems with bitaeniatum eggs fungussing, he began using tweezers and it seemed to solve the problem - not insinuating that you have grubby paws :wink: but just a thought.

No luck. Have re- bagged the peat and will try again this weekend. Also i had the guentheri [sp] wet for 2 weeks and didnt see any fry. have re bagged them up yesterday.

the last lot of Guentheri peat from the same parent produced over 200 fry and the Korts about 40 from memory

I wonder if they got cold in the post

One of the local breeders here said that he had problems with bitaeniatum eggs fungussing, he began using tweezers and it seemed to solve the problem - not insinuating that you have grubby paws :wink: but just a thought.

I pick mine with my fingers

Have the eggs actually been fertilised?

Pretty sure, saw the male in there doing his thing.

Yep, always do.

the last lot of Guentheri peat from the same parent produced over 200 fry and the Korts about 40 from memory

I wonder if they got cold in the post

Hopefully not, i thought i saw more eggs and eyes once back in the bag so looking forward to re-wetting (korth).