Freshwater aquarium screensaver

HummingBird

Some of you may have seen this before, but I just discovered Dream Aquarium - it's an awesomely realistic virtual aquarium with tons of fish.

The fish they have right now are: Dalmation Mollies, Swordtails, Black Widow Tetras, Harlequin Rasbora, Torpedo Barbs, Congo Tetras, Tiger Barbs, Cardinal Tetras, Zebra Danios, Bosemani and Crimson spot Rainbows, Blue Rams, Kribensis, Jewel Cichlids, Auratus cichlids, Electric Yellows, Demasoni, Chocolate, Pearl and Dwarf Gouramis, Archerfish, Killifish (looks like a blue lyretail to me), and a fiddler crab.

You can download a trial version with some of the fish for free...I ended up buying the full version after I tried it just because of how well done it is. It's awesome to go back to your PC after being away and find a planted tank there instead :D I'm pretty obsessed with it, I think it's rekindled my MTS lol (I only have a mere three tanks right now...a record low since I started fish keeping!)

screen savers are an interesting topic as are wallpapers

dont mean to hijack but another tought for a screen saver is family photos

I have a folder that has a couple of hundred photos of the family and have that as my saver.

Often my wife (or any of us to be honest) will go in to the PC room and just take a few moments to look at these random photos and remind us of different times of our lives... cost nothing as well

Wall papers are my favorite photo at the time

I assume with the full version, you can set the background, and what fish you have, how many etc?

Yeah in the full version there're three tanks, plus you can use custom images as the background too. You can add pretty much an unlimited number of fish, too. The Dalmatian mollies are pretty cool because their spots are randomized, so no two are alike!

screen savers are an interesting topic as are wallpapers

dont mean to hijack but another tought for a screen saver is family photos

I have a folder that has a couple of hundred photos of the family and have that as my saver.

Often my wife (or any of us to be honest) will go in to the PC room and just take a few moments to look at these random photos and remind us of different times of our lives... cost nothing as well

Wall papers are my favorite photo at the time

haha my dad made me organise a screensaver with photos of only his dog so thats the one we had lol :lol:

Yeah in the full version there're three tanks, plus you can use custom images as the background too. You can add pretty much an unlimited number of fish, too. The Dalmatian mollies are pretty cool because their spots are randomized, so no two are alike!

in the demo you can change the tank and background you can also change some of the fish, you just cant save it