Back of tank...

Susi

Hi all, we where so exited about setting our new tank up that we forgot to paint the back of it... Any idea how to attach something on it without moving the tank? (we couldn't move it anyway as it is a little heavy with 180l and 30kg of gravel :wink: )

I know paint would be ideal but how does that stick on stuff work? We want to have it black. Between the back of the tank and the wall is a space of about 9.5cm

You could either get a black backing sheet from your LFS, or you could paint a piece of polystryene (spelling) and then stick that on the walls of your tanks (this also helps to insulate it).

I wouldn't paint a tank that is already set up as the fumes may effect the water (I'm not 100% sure if it would though).

Cheers, CatBrat.

why not head down to your local whitcoulls and purchase a sheet/s of black cardboard and then ues a double sided tape to attach it to the tank.

Cheaper than paint and eliminates the mess.

I have blue cardboard on some of my tanks and painted the rest, cardboard definitly easier.

B